Monday, October 25, 2010

Mutts up Monday!!

Well this was supposed to be an uneventful and relaxing weekend because I have been on the go a lot lately and I am gearing up for the Halloween Weekend.  It is one of the only holidays where you can dress up and act more ridiculous than a kid because 9 out of 10 times there is alcohol involved!  This year I will be Little Red Riding Hood. This year was the first year that we had an actual Halloween store in our area.  So my costume came from Spirit of Halloween!  It was nice to be able to actually try it on and know which size to buy as opposed to blindly purchasing it off the Internet.  I hope they come back next year! I will not be carrying the basket and need to figure out something for a purse!

Back to the weekend...Thursday night I went out on a date with Doc, whom I met off this web site.  I still continue to hear from Bob the Builder.  He continues to be very apologetic and although he is very nice the distance and the bad taste in my mouth about his drunkenness is a big turn off.  Doc and I met out late as he did not get out of work until late.  The Cheerleader came over after her class and we decided to catch up and drink two bottles of wine. THEN I met up with Doc.  We had a great time and I got home late!  He called all weekend and we wanted to meet up but both had friends in from out of town and our plans were a little up in the air.  Maybe our schedules will permit another date this week !!

It was definitely a full moon weekend  I lost a lot of sleep all surrounding drinking, and for once I was not involved.  I asked my sister "why is it when you stay in you are somehow sucked into more drama than if you went out?"  Her response, albeit insightful, "you just don't remember it when you go out!"  The weekend made me feel sorry for the people that were drinking.  For one person because he is just lame and I cannot believe I dated him.  The other because he has made an unfortunate choice that could possibly mess up his life for a few years and he really is a good person.

Charlotte was in town and about the only time we were able to meet up was on Sunday for breakfast! I miss her bunches!  DSS and I will be going to see her in a few weekends!!  The rest of the afternoon I was like on speed, which was surprising because I had virtually no sleep all weekend!  My house is Clean!  I started out with swapping my winter and summer clothes then moved on to cleaning mini blinds, windows and curtains.  Vacuumed the floors, rugs and ceiling fans.  They did the typical dusting, laundry and changing the sheets!  The girls were tired just watching!

HAPPY MUTT LY MONDAY!!

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for ALWAYS being there for me. I needed you BIG TIME this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you not carrying the basket because you don't want to carry something bulky or because you don't have one? Because I have the white basket with red fabric that I carried with my Little Red Riding Hood costume. You're more than welcome to borrow it if you want!

    ReplyDelete
  3. DSS: Of course :) Call anytime, that is why my ringer is not turned off at night. And I do believe you return the favor listening to me and guiding me through this dating thing :)

    MFC: Did you use the basket as a purse? That is why I was not going to carry one because I dont want to deal with both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, I used it as my purse. I tucked my phone, camera, wallet and lipgloss down in the bottom and folded the red fabric over all of it. I don't remember it feeling bulky or getting on my nerves.

    ReplyDelete