Wednesday, January 5, 2011

So Heres to a new year and New People to Meet

As discussed before, I am on this dating web site.  Why do men think that we want to see their profile picture of them taking a self portrait (1) in bed (2) in the bathroom mirror (3) with their shirt off (and/or other clothes off).  These pictures say to me that they do nothing that people would take their picture in public.  Now maybe thats because I have plenty of friends who are taking pictures all the time.  In my profile for my dating site I specifically say "please don't send me a one line or worse yet a one line email".  And yet, I still do. Now here are a few.  Unfortunately in the last month I have deleted most but here is a recent sampling of the worst initial emails sent:

Nice hat...o thats a tree. Hi I'm Doug...what's your name?
-------------------
Hey sweetie!!
-------------------
I have read your profile and I think you are very attractive.
-------------------
Im a clean cut type guy, have a good job, come from a good family, nice guy, easy going, laid back,athletic type person.
-------------------
My other request was to spell words and use some sort of semi-accurate punctuation (because I am honestly not the best).  Here is a recent one:

actually u r spot on...i am literally absolutely new to this and navigating the features has been something that i have done very quickly and without alot of...conviction i guess u cud say..i thought i was responding to a simple hello from you..dont ask me why..just thought thats wat i saw..lol sorry! i wish you the best of blessings in finding someone here as i wish the same for myself! sorry to come off as ignorant..i assure u im not..jus learnin as i go :)
-----------------------
And the smart ass to my profile description...Mr. Soccer, I will say that this is the first line of his first email to me and who knows where this will go..( I just thought the intro was funny and wanted to post):

Well then. I will try to spell everything corectly....ha-ha (correctly).
And so its a New Year and who knows who New I will meet! Who knew I would actually have time to do this today afterall...I am off to meet my cooking class gals (PLU Group) for dinner out tonight and hopefully to hear from my Vet about my little Daisy who has been sick for a month or more.  FINGERS CROSSED we have it figured out.  More on that later :)

2 comments:

  1. I always think that if nothing else comes from it, my dabbles in online dating are highly entertaining for the bad profiles and bad emails alone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes...Sadly I look forward to the awful ones and the awful profile pic's because it does make for an entertaining time!

    ReplyDelete