Thursday, October 21, 2010

Post numero uno!!

I have not quite decided how to use my blog, or what exactly to write about.  This week has been very interesting (which most of the time mine seem to be).  Back up to Friday of last week (which is what has prompted me starting a blog).  I joined an on line dating web site a few weeks back and one of the "stories of my life" is I ALWAYS am the girl to meet men that are out of town!  And this web site proved no differently.  I am frequently in Virginia Beach as I have family there and my first "match" is from there as well (which is more than 200 miles from my dating range).  Bob the Builder and I  had dinner, drinks and really enjoyed each other's company the first night.  The next day was a beer festival , which we did not get into because tickets were sold out after less than an hour.  So we spent the afternoon at the Taphouse (local bar) and watched the Va. Tech game (GO HOKIES!!).  Well by 8 o'clock Bob was HAMMERED and seemed to careless if I was leaving.  Now he is upset that he made such an idiot of himself and is begging for a second chance.  It is not that I would not go out with him again however, I am just not sure about the distance AND that he cant have any drinks or is just loaded!

NEXT was the real reason I was in town....To deal with my Grandparents.  They are almost 90 years old and stubborn as the day is long! I took my grandmother to a doctors appointment where we had to fill out the initial medical form.  Typically this form is quite irritating and just long but filling it out with a almost 90 year old.  Quite funny!  "Are you pregnant, nursing, or thinking about becoming pregnant"? "What problems are you experiencing?" Which her answer was funny "Old Age, thats my problem".  And really she is right.  She does not have any major health concerns, she is just old. 

THEN it is time to return to work Tuesday...Every morning I get on line and check out the news and wake up.  "Whats this?" My internet connection has been disconnected.  Now about a month ago I contacted Cox Communications because I realized there was a problem with my account.  My bill owed is automatically withdrawn from my account, or so I thought.  The problem was it had not been coming out for what I initially thought 3 months (that is as far back as I can see on line).  WELL...not so much the case.  When I call to get this straightened out it apparently has not come out for 14 months!  Now at $24.99/month I dont notice that.  Well after speaking to 2 supervisors which apparently were scratching their heads at how I had NOT been connected sent me to the "Loyalty Department".  The girl was less than understanding and wanted ALL the money right then or would disconnect my service.  Which is funny because I should have shut my mouth and stayed in the cracks unnoticed.  So she says pay half now and then half of the remaining balance the next month and after 3 months I would be caught up. The better part...SHE will call ME on October 17 for my payment...which when I realized it was on a Sunday I paid via phone on Saturday.  So imagine my response when my service was disconnected! Anyway long story short...COX SUCKS and their cusotmer service reps are idiots.  Do they not have notes on my account of what arrangements were made?  Apparently not.  IF I had another internet provider I could go with I would switch in a second.  But as usual the customer is not right anymore in this day and age and I have learned that no good deed goes unpunished.  I should have kept my mouth shut instead of being honest!!

Yikes it appears I have written a book! Until next time!!

2 comments:

  1. Cox does suck :( It's unfortunate that they keep jacking up the prices, and then cut your cable/internet off in a heartbeat.

    What ever happened to customer service??

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH..Customer Service...The Rep was "supposed" to call me back Tuesday to get the account straight. Do you think they did? Noooooo! Not only did she NOT call me October 17 (or prior), she did NOT change my billing to paper bill, and she has still yet to call me days later!! Again..Cox Communications...they are "not my friend in the digital age" as their slogan states!

    ReplyDelete