Friday, January 14, 2011

Once a Taurus...Always a Taurus

Every morning I start my day by watching our local news and then watch the Today show to get my news for the day.  I realize there is probably just 8 minutes or so of "real" news.  The rest of the show is filler with lots of good useless information that I can always amaze my friends with.  HOWEVER...this morning my world was rocked...I found out that I am no longer a Taurus?!!?  Apparently... Thanks to Earth's wobble, astrological signs are, well, bunk. (Or even more bunk than you thought.) Astrological signs are determined by the position of the sun relative to certain constellations on a person's day of birth. The problem is, the positions were determined more than 2,000 years ago. Nowadays, the stars have shifted in the night sky so much that horoscope signs are nearly a month off.

Now I am a Taurus to a "T".  Here was the description of Taurus/Me...

TAURUS - The Enduring One (April 20 - May 20)
Charming but aggressive. Can come off as boring, but they are not. Hard workers. Warm-hearted. Strong, has endurance.. Solid beings that are stable and secure in their ways. Not looking for shortcuts.. Patient and reliable. Make great friends and give good advice. Loving and kind. Loves hard -- passionate. Expresses themselves emotionally. Prone to ferocious temper-tantrums. Determined.. Indulges themselves often. Very generous.


   

Now apparently...I am an Aries? 

Aries (April 18-May 13)  is the first of the twelve Western zodiacal signs. And although it comes first, it is often thought of as the baby of the family. Aries respond to stimuli in an impulsive and headstrong manner. The complexities of cunning, deceit and duplicity don't appeal to Aries. The Aries person likes to operate out of righteousness (self- and the other kind), wherein he feels safe. The danger is that he can also feel a mite too complacent.


I guess both are close to my personality however; I have always been a Taurus.  And what about the new sign Ophiuchus?  Im glad I am just switching to a knew known sign and not some unknown new sign.

The vet has called about little Daisy.  She tested negative for the Toxoplasmosis test and so now we are just waiting.  The vet is posting all (and I mean ALL) of her lab tests, results, bloodwork, xrays, ultrasounds etc on this Vet web site to get other opinions.  Here is the best part...IT IS FREE!!  So we are going to see what we get from that.  She has been eating her tasty homemade dog food I made for her all week 4-5 times a day (tires me out how much she has to eat).  Next week she will go get weighed.  Next step if no responses from other Vets.....Sonogram of her liver. Sigh.  Otherwise she seems to be doing well.


This is actually my Grace sleeping....of course under the covers!!

Sweet Daisy,ready for bed and not feeling 100%

This week I hosted our Cooking Class.  Two of my Fav girlfriends, DSS and Marilyn, and I have cooking class on Wednesdays.  It always includes wine and some sort of delish food.  This week we made BIG Spicy Meatballs!! Here are some Pics to document our fun!





Anyway!  I have a lunch date with the Piranha aka. the Realtor.  Throughout my dating on line my friends keep up with these matches by nicknames, I guess it is easier!  This one happens to have two depending on which friend you ask.  So we have been chatting this week and will meet today for the first time!  Then off to Game Night at my friend Barbie's house.  Yippee! 

Cheers to a great weekend!!

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree. This "switching of the signs" nonsense is unacceptable. I am completely NOT like my new sign at all. I don't think? Anyway....I'm a Gemini ;)

    ReplyDelete