Saturday, January 8, 2011

To Sum Up

When i decided to start a blog I knew it would be diffcult to keep up with it.  But I figure if i just get into the habit, it is not any different than anything else!   I wish I had the same luck with the gym!

Family:
Over the holidays (Thanksgiving and Christmas) I was very thankful to be able to spend both with my family in Virginia Beach.  My sister was not able to make Thanksgiving but was able to on Christmas.  On Christmas my godparents sons (which I am close with) were able to make it in from Arizona and Portland but ha difficulty making it back due to the unexpected 14 inches of snow.  I had a difficult time getting out as well!  For Christmas I got a fireproof safe.  I have stangely asked for one for a while and finally got one!! And have I put anythng in it yet...NOPE.  I got a camera to replace the one that was stolen from me which was awesome!!  And I got a gnome, his name is Avery.  Well his passport says his name is Cedric but we all got one for christmas and I wanted mine to have a different name! 

What a cute gift for friends who travel, getting married...or graduating!

My Grandfather is almost 90 and his health is failing quickly.  He is in a rehab center and probably not going to return home.  It has been really tough on my mom and my grandmother.

Dogs:
Daisy suddenly lost roughly 5 lbs and they diagnosed her initially with roundworms, so the fix was an easy $22 dewormer.(Gross I know).  But her breathing has become really labored and ends up that she has an enlarged liver.  We are waiting for the results on the last test, Toxoplasmosis.  Sadly to say, I have my fingers crossed she is positive because if not Im afraid that the problem is bigger and a larger expense.  Fortunately enough my ex (their dad) has paid ALL the vet bills to the tune of $700 thus so far. 

my sick little Daisy, I worked from home for a few hours to make sure she was fine!
She felt awful during the cocktail swap. all of her favs kittie and her blanket

Grace hoping to catch any crumbs at the cocktail swap
Grace is great! Her problems are in the Summer with the thunder storms.  I think that I may have found a solution other than Xanax.

dogIt is called a thundershirt...Ever heard of it?  Im curious if it works? http://www.thundershirt.com/

Friends:
I am so fortunate to have the best friends ever!!  DSS, Marilyn, and I have a cooking group.  We are pretty good about doing i every Wednesday.  It is a nice break in the week and we all take turns cooking and exchanging recipes.  We have cooked a little bit of everything and sometimes have theme nights, which makes it a little more fun!

I hosted New Year New Cocktail, my 2nd Annual Cocktail Swap.  We had a great time, and got some good and not so good new recipes (mine was AWFUL).
these are the monogrammed glasses and recipe books for each girl!

Group of 2nd Annual Cocktail Swap!!


Love Life:
Well...I think based on my previous blog about my on line dating responses you can see how that is going.  I will say this past week I met Mr. Broker for coffee and this week will meet the Realtor for lunch on Friday.  We will see how it goes.  It is almost like just going through the motions, but I guess you dont know what is out there unless you look around, and maybe try a few on.

Have a great rest of the weekend!!


1 comment:

  1. bahahaha! what are those bandaids on our eyes? are they band aids? fabulous, fabulous cocktail swap :)

    ReplyDelete